Submissions are now OPEN
FLASH FESTIVAL 2023
Script submissions are OPEN
This is a themed competitive short play Festival, open to residents of the Central Coast and Hunter regions of NSW only. Submission of your script means you accept the following conditions:
- No personal information must appear on any page of your script. This is to ensure all entries are anonymous and assessing can be impartial.
- The first page should show: play title, characters, setting, and its approximate running time.
- All pages must be numbered.
- Write a covering email or letter with the following information:
- your name and full contact details
- the name of your play
- genre of your play (e.g. comedy, drama, mystery, farce, sci-fi)
- the number of actors required: F/M and any special casting considerations e.g. children.
- Hard copy scripts will not be returned so make sure you retain copies. Once a draft is submitted, we cannot accept further drafts of the same play.
- Plays must run between 5 and 15 minutes Plays that run over or under time will not be considered.
- Maximum cast size is 4. Suggest aim for 2-3 people and be flexible with age and genders.
- Bear in mind a production team will have 1 minute to set and 1 minute to strike the set. Also, the Peninsula Theatre is not equipped for complex technical requirements.
- Submissions are limited to two plays per writer. Only one play will be selected. Entry is free.
- The theme LIGHT must be integral in some way to your play. It can be used in any of its meanings, tenses or forms.
- FINAL CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS 7 May 2023
- Submit each entry separately by email with script file and cover letter attached to
- Please supply file in PDF or word format only.
Receipt of all scripts will be acknowledged.
If you would like to register for Writing, Directing or Acting please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
START SENDING THROUGH YOUR SCRIPTS AND GOOD LUCK!
The 2023 Flash Festival team